Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Depression


My freshman year of high school I became severely depressed. My grades were low, I felt like nobody noticed me, and I started to not care anymore. I was losing hope. I had come to a conclusion that God must hate me if my life is this bad. I let Satan cloud my thoughts with hate. Soon enough I became so tired and I just got use to feeling useless.

It's hard to see when someone is suffering from depression. Many people are able to hide behind a fake smile, occasional joke, and laughing. But it’s all a mask to hide the pain inside. I always thought that I was hiding the pain. However after I began to become happy with my life again did I realize that i did not hide to so well. A few of my teachers told me how much happier I looked and acted.

Depression is a fight that is something no one should go through alone. God doesn’t want to see us suffer through unneeded sadness. He doesn't want us to feel like we are alone in this battle. But it can be hard to turn to God in a time of heartache and sadness. We want answers to why we feel so horrible, and we don’t want to wait for them. Praying to someone you cannot see is difficult, and can seem completely pointless.

Going through depression and trying to turn to God for help is so difficult. I almost lost my faith because I felt like I was getting nowhere with praying. But with time and trusting God everything eventually got better. No matter what when going through some sort of trail it can seem as if God isn’t listening. It seems as if He isn’t there, but He hears our cries, and wants to help us through the storm. If we keep our eyes on the cross we will know that God will help us through this.

2 comments:

  1. Asking for help is very courageous and there are many different places to find that help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW is all I can think, you are truly a very strong and blessed young woman with so much to offer, I could never believe this happened to you I see a happy, smiling , and outgoing young lady every time I see you. I am glad you are ok and here with us your a great person don't let anyone tell you different.

      Delete